Abrupt discontinuation of psychiatric medication is not advised. For more support around strategic tapering contact your prescriber.
Brisbane North Orthomolecular Clinic for Mood Disorders and Mental Health is a modern and holistic venture in the treatment of Mood Disorders and Mental Health, incorporating approaches such as Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Orthomolecular Nutrition.
The Clinic also supports co-morbid disorders related to Mood Disorders and Mental Health such as inflammatory conditions, drugs and alcohol, gastrointestinal presentations, joint inflammation, cancer support, weight loss, diabetes, body detoxification etc. Single and couple counselling as well as anger management is available as part of the overall treatment or standalone.
What is a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner™ (ROHP)?
Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner™ (ROHP) is the designation given by IONC to a qualified healthcare professional that specializes in maintaining or restoring biochemistry and physiology in the body for optimum health and well-being.
Orthomolecular Health practitioners assess the unique dietary and nutritional requirements of an individual and utilize a full spectrum of customized natural therapies including: diet and nutritional supplements, detoxification, and drainage.
Only practitioners who meet IONC standards may refer to themselves as a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner™ (ROHP).
Definition of "Orthomolecular"
The term "Orthomolecular" literally means 'correct molecules,' with the molecules being vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and essential fatty acids that are essential for proper functioning of the body.
Orthomolecular therapy is health preservation and disease prevention with supplementation (sometimes in high doses) of substances normally present in the body.
What is your investment.
You are willing commit to 10 sessions of therapy and nutritional coaching
You are willing to make changes in your life
You are willing to be responsible for those changes
You are committed financially where necessary, during the program.
What you benefit from
A Naturopath with extensive Mental Health experience/Practitioner.
An Accredited/Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner.
A qualified and experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Nutrition for General and Mental Health Recovery - Heal Your Body
- Counselling, Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy - Heal Your Mind
- We have a Biofeedback Machine to help you train your mind lower your anxiety and lift your depression - Train your mind
For a number of presentations we find that there are fiver stages of healing necessary:
- A change of diet and lifestyle, with education about food and diet provided
- A Detox program, to rid your body of the toxins accumulated, including emotional toxins, through hypnosis.
- A Repopulating program, so that your gastro-intestinal tract is repopulated with the prebiotics and probiotics needed. Your stomach may be given the enzymes necessary to heal
- Supporting and strengthening your immune system, adrenal glands and endocrinal glands generally, deep cellular support if needed.
- Psychotherapy - cognitive restructuring so as to help you redefine yourself and the world you live in so that your perception will positively influence and predispose your behaviour for success and growth.
It will take a minimum of 10 sessions that you need to attend for the holistic program to be implemented, for your body to be able to heal. Your health is in your hands and it is as easy as picking up the phone and making a call.
A substance that interferes with normal system function is a drug. A substance that restores normal system function is a nutrient. A nutrient can be a drug. A drug cannot be a nutrient. Marty Hinz, MD
Unlike many services available, we offer a holistic assessment as well as intervention. The reason is that we know from research, that when you are unwell, the body suffers; when the body suffers, you are likely to mentally suffer, and vice-versa.
If you are already on medication, that is fine, we will work alongside the treatment you are already on, as you will need nutrients and supplements to assist with your recovery. Drugs and chemicals alone will not cure you as your body lives on nutrients and not chemicals.